Opportunity: Intermediate Planner/Urban Designer
Our firm is seeking an individual with strong planning knowledge and excellent design skills. As a planner/urban designer/landscape architect with 3-5 years of experience you will be responsible for:
- Writing proposals for secondary plans, official plans, and area studies;
- Project managing multi-disciplinary teams of consultants;
- Liaising with municipal and private sector clients;
- Preparing background studies and recommended policy documents;
- Supporting the principals in attendance at Ontario Municipal Board hearings;
- Providing advanced detailed technical information and recommendations through written reports, public responses, internal memos, studies and presentations on current planning issues and the implications of various aspects of land use and development;
- Preparing, with oversight, planning opinions and analytical reports for a wide range of planning studies, plans and applications;
- Preparing planning rationale reports, including the analysis section and review sections prepared by junior staff;
- Managing and preparing complex planning studies, development applications, OPA, rezoning, subdivisions, variance and consents;
- Monitor, review, analyze and comment on proposed regional and provincial planning legislation, policy and guidance material;
- Developing design sketches, renderings and Photoshop photomontages for presentation materials using systems such as Sketch Up, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop;
- Assist in the development of report layouts and preparation of final reports using Adobe InDesign; and
- Experience with AutoCAD is an asset.
The successful candidate will possess a University Degree in Planning, Urban Design or Landscape Architecture combined with a minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in land use planning and urban design. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities. Excellent oral and written communication skills and organization skills as well as excellent graphic and computer skills are also required. Membership in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute or Ontario Association of Landscape Architects is preferred.
Please submit a resume and sample of work by 12 noon on Friday November 22, 2019 to email@example.com
Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.