Commercial Community Improvement Plan - Urban Design Guidelines
SGL recently completed the Commercial Community Improvement Plan - Design Guidelines for the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
The objectives established for the Urban Design Guidelines are to direct future development and/or redevelopment within the eleven commercial neighbourhoods in a manner that will deliver:
- An overall improved streetscape and public realm;
- A safe and comfortable pedestrian oriented environment;
- Appropriate built form transitions between the Commercial Community Improvement Plan (CCIP) area and outlying residential neighbourhoods;
- Adaptive reuse of existing non-commercial buildings to commercial uses permitted within the CCIP neighbourhoods;
- Preservation of heritage features and views; and,
- High quality site and built form design.
The guidelines were approved by Council on March 4, 2013.
A copy of the Urban Design Guidelines document can be obtained at the following web link:
Other related links: http://ckdp.ca/2013/03/06/chatham-kent-council-briefs-from-march-4-2013